Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The terms of this statement may change, so please check it from time to time.
By visiting www.befemalegroup.com or www.befemalegroup.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement please email email@example.com.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Be Female Group Limited of 63 Southcote Way, Penn, High Wycombe, HP10 8JS.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from you when you send us a message, enquire about our activities, register or express interest with us, make a donation to us, ask a question or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from our service providers or from a friend who wants to tell you about our websites or fundraising.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process personal information as follows:
Information you give us
You may give us personal information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our website.
The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details.
Please do not submit Sensitive Personal Data, as defined in the Act (which includes your racial or ethnic origin, your physical or mental health, or your sexual life), to our website. If you nevertheless do send us Sensitive Personal Data, you are thereby explicitly consenting to the processing of that data.
Information we collect about you
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit it, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users.
Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
How do we use this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information, mainly in relation to your queries and interest in seminars, as follows:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- to help with any problems you might be experiencing with one of our online registration forms where you have entered your contact details, even if the form has not been sent or submitted;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to further develop the website and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How do we protect personal information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Be Female Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not sell any information about your web browsing activity.
By providing us with your personal information, including sensitive information such as on your health, you consent to the collection and use of this in accordance with the purposes described in this Privacy statement.
We may need to use the services of suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to store or process your personal information. Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as the UK, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement. By submitting your personal information you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee to meet our costs) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If you wish to exercise these rights, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites includes links to websites run by other organisations. Please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that Be Female Group does not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please read and check those privacy policies carefully before submitting any personal data to those websites.
We may change the terms of this privacy statement from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes here so please check from time to time. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.